Full Body Skin Lightening in Bangalore
Skin colour is determined by the melanin in the upper layer of the epidermis, and this, in turn, by our genetics. So, though the number of melanocytes is the same in all of our skin, the amount and distribution of melanin granules these melanocytes produce determines the skin colour. We all know that different races have different skin types and skin colour. The melanin in the skin protects it from ageing by filtering out the UVA rays from reaching the dermis. However, everyone desires a uniform tone and healthy glowing skin. Thus, to provide our patients with even tone and radiant skin, we at Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic offer the best skin lightening treatment in Bangalore. Let us look at the factors which cause skin to darken.
What Causes the Skin to Darken?
Several factors contribute to skin darkening. To provide an effective and result-oriented skin whitening treatment in Bangalore, the first and crucial step is to identify the right cause. Some of them are:
- The most common cause of skin darkening is tanning. This is more obvious in the more sun-exposed parts like the face, neck, décolleté, arms and feet. This increases immediately after extreme sun exposure, such as a holiday in the sun, and then slowly decreases after returning to a routine. Vitamin deficiencies and lack of correct skin care can worsen the pigmentation and delay the return of normal skin.
- Physical exfoliation using scrubs, either a loofah or home remedies like gram flour in Indian skin, cause a paradoxical increase in pigmentation as they can damage the skin barrier. They can trigger an inflammatory response that causes the melanocytes to increase melanin production. These are best avoided to prevent long-term damage to the skin.
- In the search for a shortcut to skin lightening, individuals may use OTC creams containing hydroquinone, steroids and other actives may be used. These may cause long-term damage to the epidermal cells, resulting in post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that resembles tanning.
- Medical conditions like anaemia, hypothyroidism and polycystic ovarian syndrome can also increase pigmentation. Certain medications like oral contraceptives and anti-inflammatory medicines can cause an increase in pigmentation. Obesity, smoking, sleep disorders and chronic nutritional deficiencies also contribute to the increase in pigmentation.
Healthy skin reflects good health, good nutrition and a good lifestyle. To get advanced treatment for glowing skin or skin lightening, you can get the best assistance from the skin experts at our clinic. These specialists use their expertise to provide the best skin lightening treatment in Bangalore. Since childhood, we have heard that prevention is better than cure. So, it is with any skin condition. Let’s find out how skin can be prevented from darkening.
How to Prevent Skin from Darkening?
Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic’s expert provider of the best skin whitening treatment in Bangalore has shared some important preventive tips. That includes the following:
- Effective Skin Care Routine:
- It is essential to start with a good skincare routine, a basic cleanser that does not strip the skin of the barrier. A good moisturiser with ceramides and hyaluronic acid can repair if the barrier is damaged.
- Add a broad-spectrum sunscreen and protect against visible and blue light, also known to darken the skin.
- The next thing is to follow a good night routine to repair and restore the skin to normal. Make sure to include niacinamide, vitamin C serum and retinol serum. In addition, you may need to add kojic acid, arbutin and glycolic acid after consulting with your dermatologist.
- A Good Diet, Proper Sleep & Exercise Routine:
- You should also consider your diet and eat many brightly coloured fruits and vegetables. They contain many antioxidants like lycopene, vitamin C, beta carotenoids, and natural anti-pigmentation products. Eating them regularly will help keep the skin looking brighter.
- It is also important to stress the importance of sleeping on time so that the hormone melatonin is well-regulated and doesn't allow the skin to become dark.
- Make sure that you exercise ten thousand steps daily, increasing the chances of blood sugar regulation and helps keep the skin looking younger and brighter.
- Use Dermatologically Approved Treatments
- Now let us discuss the skin-lightening creams; remember that most OTC creams contain hydroquinone or steroids. These substances may damage your skin in the long run and especially contribute to rebound hyperpigmentation, so always stick to the advice of a dermatologist. Alpha arbutin, kojic acid, and azelaic acid are generally safer for use on the Indian skin type.
- Remember that you should use sunscreen regularly if you're using skin-lightening products. This applies to the skin on the body as well. Avoid using scrubs or loofah on the body. Then, you must ensure that if you're applying any skin-lightening creams on the body, you must regularly protect your body with a UV protection sleeve or sunscreen. This should be taken care of when pursuing activities like trekking or swimming; please wear appropriate clothing on the extremities.
- It is also prudent to take oral antioxidants and oral sunscreen before vacations or activities predisposed to the sun and prevent tanning of the skin pigmentation.
How Do You Get Lighter Skin on the Face?
The skin experts and the best providers for effective skin lightening treatment in Bangalore say that when discussing lighter skin on the face, starting with primary skin care is essential. It involves:
- A soap-free cleanser that will prevent the skin from getting dry, and add a moisturiser with ceramides and hyaluronic acid. This will restore the barrier to normal and a broad-spectrum sunscreen suited to your skin type. Remember, sunscreen must be reapplied every four hours.
- Use sunscreen with IR protection if working in visible light areas or close to the computer screen. You must use a prescription skin-lightening agent containing retinol or vitamin C, as your dermatologist prescribes.
- Avoid hydroquinone and steroid-based creams as they usually cause rebound hyperpigmentation. Adding oral antioxidants with Glutathione, astaxanthin, superoxide dismutase, polypodium leucotomies and beta carotenoids is recommended to prevent further damage and reduce the ongoing pigmentation.
Advanced Dermatologically Approved Treatments for Skin Lightening
The dermatologists at our cutting-edge advanced clinic, Dr. Rasya Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic provides varied, effective and best skin whitening treatment in Bangalore. It involves the following:
- Chemical Peels: These are gentle treatments to exfoliate the outer layer of the skin so that skin tan can be removed. These procedures are planned once in 15 to 20 days to give a significant improvement in 3 to 4 treatment sessions, though maintenance is required. There are now new modified and cocktail peels, which can be customised to your skin type and condition to give you quick and effective results.
- Q-Switched Laser Toning: Opt for a Q-switch laser toning treatment if your skin does not respond to the chemical peel treatment. In this non-ablative laser skin lightening treatment, there is a reduction in the amount of melanin present in the skin without damaging it. The treatment is repeated monthly, improving the skin's texture and tone.
- Glutathione and IV Antioxidants: Glutathione and IV antioxidants like vitamin C through drip therapy are recommended for quicker skin lightening for both face and body. In this treatment, a cocktail of vitamins is injected via a drip. This helps to detox the body, revitalise the skin and remove the toxins. Glutathione also inhibits the formation of darker melanin in the melanocytes. This weekly treatment shows improvement in 6 weeks, with maximum results after ten sessions. Maintenance sessions are needed to preserve the results.
To find out which treatment will provide one with the best results, book a consultation now with our expert providers of skin whitening and skin lightening treatment in Bangalore. Let’s find out how to get lighter skin on the body.
How Do You Get Lighter Skin on the Body?
The Indian skin is prone to hyperpigmentation, especially in areas that chronically rub against each other or if there is any undue friction.
Body Areas that Encounter Skin Pigmentation
- Areas like elbows and knees are often pigmented, and you also get significant pigmentation on the toes where the footwear could be chafing against the skin.
- Underarms and inner thighs are usually dark because of the post-inflammatory pigmentation caused by repetitive friction of using a razor or because of resolved fungal infections.
- Acanthosis nigricans, the obesity-associated hyperpigmentation over flexures, is also common.
Full Body Skin Lightening Treatment
The best full body skin lightening treatment in Bangalore at Dr. Rasya Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic includes the following:
- The first step to treatment is always to eradicate further friction. So, laser hair reduction for the removal of unwanted hair in the underarms or the pubic area is highly recommended to prevent further darkening of the skin.
- Then, skin-lightening agents containing kojic acid and glycolic acid for long-term use are considered safe in these intimate areas.
- The elbows and the knees are thicker, and urea-containing creams, which will help to hydrate and moisturise the thick skin, are highly recommended.
- Chemical Peels: In-clinic treatment for body pigmentation uses peels more appropriate for these locations, like the TCA chemical peel and skin lightning retinol peels. These treatments must be repeated every fortnight for at least three months to get significant improvement. Intimate peels are also an option for sensitive areas.
- Q-switched NdYAG Laser Toning: It can also be applied in these areas or without a combination of carbon dioxide lasers to help faster recovery. Acanthosis nigricans respond well to a combination of carbon dioxide and retinol peels.
- Mixture of Several Treatments: Acne is another cause of severe pigmentation, especially in the trunk, shoulders, and chest. The treatment of acne-induced hyperpigmentation will always be complemented by the oral treatment of acne so that further damage can be stopped. These acne scars can be treated with repeated chemical peels and combining carbon dioxide laser and Q-switched NdYAG laser treatment treatments. In addition, oral antioxidants can be added to hasten the recovery process.
- IV Glutathione: It is an advanced and trending treatment for full-body skin lightening. It has become the beauty treatment of 2024. In this treatment, antioxidants such as Glutathione, Vitamin C, alpha lipoic acid, vitamin B12 and collagen are injected as a cocktail to improve skin tone. These medicines work by removing all the excess toxins and flushing them out of the skin. This makes the skin appear more hydrated and promotes the well-being of the person and the skin's glow.
To know which skin whitening treatment will suit you the best, book a comprehensive consultation with our expert providers of the best skin whitening treatment in Bangalore. Let’s learn a bit more about glutathione.
How Glutathione Works?
It works by inhibiting tyrosine enzymes, which then allow the darker melanin to be converted to lighter melanin, making the skin appear lighter.
The procedure involves the following steps:
- Treatments are administered through an IV drip once a week.
- The drip is usually administered under the supervision of a doctor and takes about 20 to 40 minutes. Since it is administered through the vein, it is painless.
- The treatment dose is calculated based on the patient's weight, and the treatment is administered weekly once for a minimum period of 10 weeks. Before it can be changed to once a fortnight or once a month for a maintenance treatment.
- Results are often seen after the sixth treatment session and start to get you to get the final results by the 10th to the 12th treatment session.
To avail the benefits of the advanced and effective skin lightening treatment in Bangalore, consult our expert dermatologist, Dr. Rasya Dixit today at Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic.
Our advanced and best skin clinic in Bangalore is ready to assist you to get an even tone and glowy skin that you have dreamed of!