As one grows older, the skin starts showing ageing signs like dullness, fine lines, wrinkles, lax skin, or sagging skin. That’s because of the loss of skin’s firmness and elasticity caused by the drop in the levels of the skin’s structural protein fibres collagen and elastin.
Thankfully, there are many anti-aging treatments in Bangalore available at Dr Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic to correct ageing skin flaws. One of the advanced, minimally invasive anti-aging treatments that have proven to be safer and more successful in delaying natural skin ageing is PDO thread lifting.
In this blog by Dr. Rasya Dixit, anti-aging doctor in Bangalore, we will be looking at what PDO threads are, how PDO threads work, the PDO threading procedure, and why PDO threads are best for anti-aging.
What are PDO Threads?
PDO threads are tiny, medical-grade, biodegradable threads made of polydioxanone which cosmetologists insert into the strategic points on the skin using a needle-like instrument. The instrument helps anchor PDO threads securely in the target area, thereby creating a mechanical skin-lifting effect. They are commonly used for non-surgical facial skin rejuvenation and skin tightening, typically performed by a dermatologist in Bangalore, Dr. Rasya Dixit.
How does PDO Thread Lift Work for Aging Skin?
When polydioxanone (PDO) threads are inserted into the loose, dangling skin with a needle-like instrument, they provide a subtle lift to the skin. The sites where the threads are placed are wounded and so the body responds by stimulating collagen production and promoting tissue regeneration in the treated areas. Over time, the skin of the treated areas becomes firmer, tighter, and smoother as collagen and elastin are restored.
PDO thread lifting works best to address facial ageing signs in areas like the jawline, cheeks, jowls, and eyebrows. It can also be performed to improve lax skin on other body areas such as the neck, arms, thighs, and abdomen.
The different ageing issues or skin concerns that PDO thread lifting can best address include:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sagging eyebrows
- Nasolabial folds
- Poorly defined chin and jawline
- Thin lips or poorly defined lips
- Sunken cheeks
- Loose, sagging skin
- Acne scars.
Before the PDO Thread Lift
For undergoing the PDO thread lift in Bangalore with optimal safety and comfort, it is recommended to take the following precautions before the procedure:
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Do not consume blood thinning medications or supplements.
- Avoid intake of green tea/green tea extracts or omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sun-protect the skin to be treated with sunscreen and sun-protective clothing whenever stepping outside in the daytime.
- On the day of the treatment, do not come with skin covered with creams or lotions.
The PDO Thread Lift Procedure
PDO thread lifting is performed on a skin numbed with topical anaesthesia. With the help of a fine needle or cannula, the PDO threads for skin tightening in Bangalore are carefully inserted into the strategic points in the targeted skin. These threads have tiny barbs that go and anchor to the tissues and create a supportive structure for immediate mechanical lifting of the skin and simultaneous stimulation of collagen production.
You can also learn more about this procedure with Dr. Rasya Dixit latest video-
Results and Recovery of PDO Thread Lift
The results of PDO thread lifting vary for every individual who has undergone the treatment because of their unique concerns. Typically, the treated individuals can expect to see prompt, subtle skin lifting and noticeable, desired skin improvements in the weeks and months post-procedure, as the collagen and elastin growth takes place over time. The results last for about 6 to 12 months before they begin to fade out.
PDO thread lift skin tightening treatment in Bangalore is a minimally invasive procedure. So treated individuals won’t have to go through extensive downtime. After the treatment, temporary swelling, mild discomfort, or bruising may occur, but these side effects typically subside within a few days.
To ensure smooth recovery, the treated individual is recommended to follow these post-treatment instructions:
- Avoid strenuous workouts for a few days.
- Do not touch, rub, scratch, or pick the treated skin for at least a week.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol intake, drinking through a straw, and pursing of lips for several weeks after the PDO thread lift is done on the face.
- Refrain from sleeping on the side, going swimming, and going to saunas, tanning beds, or steam rooms for around two weeks.
Why go for a PDO Thread Lift?
PDO thread lift is one of the best options to treat lax skin. It offers a myriad of benefits, including:
- Minimal downtime- PDO threads are absorbable materials so their use in thread lift treatment allows the patient to resume normal routine activities soon after the procedure.
- No risk of scarring or infection- As PDO thread lifting does not require the making of incisions and since the threads are made of dissolvable material, the treatment is safe and does not leave behind scars or cause infection.
- Long-term results- Unlike many other non-surgical anti-aging treatments, PDO thread lifting results last for a long time. As the PDO threads help stimulate collagen production, the treated skin appears firm, tight, and youthful for up to two years or even longer.
- Short procedure- The PDO thread lift procedure can take a minimum of 15 minutes to a maximum of an hour, depending upon the size of the treatment area and the number of sites being treated. This treatment is a perfect anti-aging option for those who have a busy lifestyle and want a quick, subtle skin lift and skin tightening without going under general anaesthesia.
- Realistic results- PDO thread lifting results are natural-looking and so is a great option for people wanting to reduce fine lines and wrinkles without drastic measures or surgical intervention.
- Cost-effectiveness- PDO thread lifting is cheaper than a traditional surgical facelift. It is a cost-effective option for those who desire a youthful skin appearance without spending much.
Thinking of getting a PDO thread lift? Schedule an appointment today!
At Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic, we have top-notch professionals who are highly skilled and experienced in performing PDO thread lifts. Our professionals understand that every facial skin is unique, the effects of ageing differ, and so different techniques are required to achieve optimal, desired results. They offer customised treatments to meet our client’s unique needs.
For anyone wanting to reverse the ageing signs on their facial skin or skin of any other body sites, improve skin texture, and get skin tightened without going under the knife at an affordable price, the best choice is to have a PDO thread lift done at Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic. One can also visit the clinic to get more details on PDO thread lift treatment cost in Bangalore.