Mole Removal Treatment
Want to get rid of moles that make you look imperfect and also cause discomfort?
Skin is made up of melanocytes that are responsible for skin complexion. These skin cells may reside in a cluster at any part of the body and result in black or brown colored moles. Moles can be present in different numbers, shapes, and sizes. It can be either flat or raised on the skin surface. Mostly, all moles are harmless (benign), but rarely they can become cancerous. An individual can become distressed if the moles are large and present in more numbers on prominent body parts. Sun exposure and hereditary factors can contribute to the growth of molds. If a mole suddenly changes their shape, size, color, and appearance, it can be a sign of melanoma (a type of skin cancer). In such a case the experts at Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic advise removing the mole immediately to avoid any complication caused by cancer in future. The doctor examines the mole and checks if it is a serious condition or precancerous cells.
Moles can grow in various places on the body, and they are causing discomfort; one may need to remove them. The skilled team of Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic in Bangalore is an expert at inspecting moles and identifying their cause, like skin cancer. They remove a mole for both health and aesthetic reasons using advanced technology like laser and surgical techniques.
When would a person require moles removal?
A checkup might be needed if there are troublesome changes in mole appearance, such as
- Asymmetric shape.
- Speckled or uneven color.
- Large diameter of moles.
- It has started to evolve and become weirder in appearance, such as an increase in size.
- The lining or border is not well defined, scalloped, fuzzy, or irregular.
What are different options available for mole removal?
A person can get rid of moles in less time by undergoing any of the following procedures
- Surgical excision: The mole is anesthetized, and with a scalpel or surgical scissors, the mole and some portion of surrounding skin are cut out. It is beneficial for the removal of deep cancerous moles. Few stitches might be needed to close the wounded skin, thereby leaving a scar that eventually fades over time. A surgical dressing might be done to cover the wound and help in its quick healing. This ensures complete removal of the roots and minimizes the chance of recurrence. The procedure is done under local anesthesia and takes about 30-40 minutes.
- Shaving: Superficial moles with cancerous skin cells that are present not much deep into the skin layers can be removed by shaving with a scalpel or razor. Prior to shaving, the area is numbed by local anesthesia. This surgical procedure does not require stitches to heal.
- Laser mole removal in Bangalore: Non-cancerous moles of small size may be broken down by heating effect when concentrated light radiation (laser) is applied onto the skin. Laser removal is useful for parts of the body that are hard to reach by other methods. This procedure works well for moles that are flatter in appearance or those which are smaller in appearance. At a particular time, multiple moles can be eliminated from a specific part of the body. Usually, this technique may require further visits to a dermatologist for complete mole removal.
- Cryotherapy for mole removal in Bangalore (Freezing): Frozen liquid nitrogen can be applied on benign moles, which do not penetrate much deep into the skin. This leads to the freezing of moles and its falling off.
If you want to remove a mole that interferes with your aesthetic appearance, clothing, or raises a health concern, meet with the best skin specialist in Bangalore for mole removal, Dr. Rasya Dixit.